Zesty Lemon Pasta Bake
Recipe & photography created by Melissa Nuzzi at @Meleatingwell
Zesty lemon, creamy ricotta and protein packed chicken sausage make this pasta bake a perfect weeknight meal.
- 1 package of Organic Spicy Italian Bilinski’s Chicken Sausage, sliced
10oz Ronzoni 150 penne pasta
1 cup fat free ricotta cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 lemon, juiced and zested
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 cups of cooked broccoli
1 cup fat free mozzarella
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Cook your pasta in heavily salted water, according to directions for al dente.
3. While the pasta is cooking, crisp up the sausage in a nonstick skillet.
4. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water then drain the cooked pasta.
5. Leave the pasta in the strainer and in the pasta pot, add in the ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic powder, pasta water, and salt & pepper to taste. Mix well until combined and toss in your pasta, broccoli, and sliced chicken sausage. Coat and combine well.
6. In an oven-safe dish, add in your pasta mixture, cover with tin-foil and cook for 15 mins.
7. Uncover, top with mozzarella cheese, and add back into the oven for another 5 mins until the cheese is melty and bubbling.
8. Remove from the oven and garnish with more lemon, parm, and parsley. Enjoy!