This wild mushroom risotto with chicken sausage is a soul-warming meal that’s perfect for chilly weather!
- 1 package of Wild Mushroom Bilinski’s Chicken Sausage, sliced
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped, divided
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped, divided
- 1, 8 ounce package of assorted mushrooms (shiitake, chanterelle, oyster, or cremini) divided
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2-2.5 cups of low sodium or unsalted chicken broth
- 3 ounces goat cheese
1. In a large saute pan, melt 3/4 tbsp of butter and olive oil.
2. Add a quarter of the shallots, garlic, mushrooms, and all of the chicken sausages. Cook on medium-low heat until shallots are translucent and sausages are browned. Set aside.
3. Heat 2.5 cups of chicken broth and keep at a simmer.
4. In a large pan over medium-low heat, melt the other 3/4 tbsp of butter and olive oil.
5. Add the remaining shallot, garlic, and mushrooms and saute until soft and translucent; about 5-7 minutes.
6. Add the cup of rice, and allow to toast for about two minutes, stirring occasionally (use a wooden spoon!)
7. Pour in the wine and stir until there is no liquid left.
8. Next, add the broth 1/2 cup at a time. Stir constantly until there is no liquid remaining, then pour in the next 1/2 cup. Do this until the rice is al dente. This takes about 20-25 minutes in total.
9. Remove from the heat + add the chicken sausage mixture & goat cheese.
10. Serve immediately and enjoy!