This comforting Italian-style spaghetti squash dish is both delicious and Whole30 Approved!
- 2-3 links Spicy Italian Bilinski’s Chicken Sausage, sliced
- 1 spaghetti squash, cut in half
- Roasted garlic marinara sauce (with no added sugar)
- 2 white button mushrooms, diced
- 2 tbsp red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. To prep the spaghetti squash, cut in half length wise. Place the spaghetti squash on a pan face down after drizzling with EVOO, salt, and pepper. Roast for 30 mins.
3. Meanwhile, dice mushrooms and red onion. In a pan over medium-high heat, cook veggies with EVOO, salt, and pepper for approximately 2 minutes, or until the onion is slightly translucent.
4. Turn down heat to low, then add sliced Bilinski’s chicken sausage to your pan. Cook until the sausage is slightly browned.
5. Using a fork, shred the middle of the roasted spaghetti squash until it has the appearance of spaghetti.
6. Finally, add marinara sauce to the pan and stir. To serve, top spaghetti squash with sauce mixture and fresh basil!