This zesty jambalaya features chicken sausage and cauliflower rice for a Cajun-inspired Whole30 Approved meal!
- 1 package Cajun-style Andouille Bilinski’s Chicken Sausages, or Spicy Italian Bilinski’s Chicken Sausages, sliced
- 1 1/2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 can (14.5oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14.5oz) chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 12oz bag of frozen okra
- 1 pound fresh shrimp, deveined
- 1 small yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly chopped
- 4 cups cauliflower rice, prepared according to package instructions
- 2-3 cups Whole30 Approved chicken broth
- Parsley to garnish
1. Add 1 tbsp avocado oil to your dutch oven. When dutch oven is hot, add sliced Bilinski’s chicken sausage and toss until browned on both sides. Remove chicken sausage and set aside.
2. Add the rest of the avocado oil and minced garlic to the dutch oven.
3. When garlic becomes fragrant, add in chopped onions and chopped peppers.
4. Add cajun seasoning to the mixture and cook until the peppers are slightly soft, stirring occasionally.
5. Add in tomato sauce and chopped tomatoes, along with frozen okra and chicken broth. Cook until the okra has softened.
6. Add shrimp and cauliflower rice to the dutch oven. Allow to cook for 4-5 mins, until shrimp is fully cooked.
7. Add chicken sausage back into your dutch oven and stir. Garnish with parsley when serving!