Whole30 Approved Sweet and Sour Sausage
Recipe & photography created by Angelina Huang at @athleticrecipes
With only 4 steps, this quick sweet and savory dish is a great weeknight meal!
- 1 pack All-Natural Spinach and Chicken, coined
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped into 1” squares
- 1 20 oz can pineapple chunks, drained and juice reserved
- Cilantro for garnish
For the sauce:
- ½ cup pineapple juice from the can
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp arrowroot flour
1. Make the sauce: Heat a small saucepan on high. Add in the diced tomatoes and lightly smash. Add in the rest of the ingredients for the sauce and simmer for 5 minutes, occasionally stirring. Set aside.
2. Heat a large non-stick pan on high. Add in the bell pepper and cook on medium-high heat for 5 minutes, constantly stirring.
3. Add in the sausage, pineapple chunks, and the sauce. Stir together and cook for 3 minutes.
4. Plate and garnish with cilantro. Serve immediately and enjoy!