This Thanksgiving stuffing with chicken sausage is a true family favorite. Double this recipe for a large family, or just to enjoy some extra leftovers!
- 3-4 links Mushroom Bilinski’s Chicken Sausage, chopped
- 1 loaf preferred bread, toasted and sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 gala apple, diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 5-6 stalks of celery, sliced
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 tsp Bell’s Seasoning
1. Toast pieces of bread on a baking sheet under the broiler. Be sure to keep a close eye on these, as they toast quite quickly! Set aside.
2. Turn off broiler and pre-heat oven to 350.
3. Once the toast has cooled, break up into bite-sized pieces and place in your baking dish.
4. Add a stick of butter to a large skillet on medium heat. Sauté onions, celery, and chicken sausage pieces in butter until veggies are tender and chicken sausage has browned (about 5 minutes).
5. Add seasoning until fragrant (about 1 minute). Add chicken stock to the mixture and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
6. Once mixture has cooled slightly, pour into baking dish filled with toast pieces. Mix until well combined.
7. Cover baking dish with foil, and bake for 30 minutes. Enjoy!