Try this flavorful Whole30 Approved taco salad bowl filled with crisp lettuce and protein packed chicken sausage.
- 1 package Bilinski’s Cajun Style sausage
- 1 cup pico de Gallo (sub salsa of choice or diced tomatoes + sliced red onion)
- 8 cups romaine lettuce
- 2 avocados, pitted & sliced
- 1 lime, quartered
- 4 tbsp sliced jalapenos,
- ¼ cup cilantro
Whole30 Approved Spicy Ranch:
- 1 cup compliant mayo
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp pickle juice
- 1 -2 tsp hot sauce, based on desired heat level
- 2 tbsp water, optional to reach less creamy consistency
1. First, make your ranch: Place all Whole30 Approved Spicy Ranch ingredients, except the water, into a blender. Blend until smooth. Add additional water to reach desired consistency. If you don’t have a blender, finely chop the cilantro and garlic before adding all ingredients to a bowl. Stir thoroughly to combine.
2. Dice up your Bilinski’s sausage.
3. Heat 1 tbsp olive or avocado oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add diced sausage and heat through for 1 -2 minutes.
4. Add 2 cups of lettuce to each bowl and spoon over the sausage & desired salad toppings. Drizzle with avocado ranch, a squeeze of lime & top with fresh cilantro. Enjoy!