Stuffed Jack-o’-lantern Peppers
These Southwestern quinoa stuffed Jack-o’-lantern peppers make for a delicious dinner *and* family craft project!
- 1 package of Bilinski’s Spicy Italian Chicken Sausage, sliced
- 4 orange bell peppers, with tops & inner seeds removed
- 1 cup tri-color quinoa
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup prepared pico de gallo
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375.
2. Start by carving your pepper jack-o’-lanterns! Remove pepper tops and stems (save to use for photos if desired). Remove seeds, and use a small knife to carve out a spooky face.
3. Prepare quinoa according to directions on package. Once cooked, add to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
4. Sauté chicken sausage slices on medium heat, until browned.
5. Fold spices, corn, black beans, chicken sausage slices, and pico de gallo into mixing bowl with cooked quinoa.
6. Spoon quinoa mixture into peppers and bake for 20-30 minutes, until peppers are al dente.
7. Remove from oven, sprinkle with cilantro, and serve!