- 1 package of Italian with Bell Peppers Bilinski’s Chicken Sausage, sliced
- 12 oz brown rice, gluten-free pasta (feel free to substitute with the pasta of your choice!)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or finely chopped
- 2 cups multi-colored heirloom grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups packed fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup of your favorite tomato sauce
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 8 oz whole milk or part-skim ricotta cheese
- Parsley, chopped for garnishing
1. Preheat oven to 350. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
2. While the pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add minced garlic and stir for 1 minute. Add the halved heirloom tomatoes and allow to simmer until the tomatoes start to break down, approximately 5-7 minutes.
3. Add in your dried herbs, garlic powder, and red chili flakes. Stir for 30 seconds.
4. Add the sliced Bilinski’s chicken sausages and sauté for approximately 3-4 minutes.
5. Add cooked pasta to the skillet and stir well.
6. Turn off heat and fold in fresh spinach so that it starts to wilt.
7. Pour 1 cup of your favorite pasta sauce over the pasta mixture, just until well coated. You may add more sauce if you want a saucier baked dish. At this point, check the pasta for seasoning and add freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste.
8. Transfer your pasta mixture to a baking dish and dollop the pasta with ricotta cheese.
9. Bake pasta at 350F for 20 minutes uncovered until it’s hot and bubbling.
10. Garnish with chopped parsley and enjoy!