- 1 package of Spicy Italian Bilinski’s Chicken Sausage, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jar of your favorite Whole30 Approved marinara sauce
- 1 medium spaghetti squash, can easily substitute 4 cups of zoodles or cauliflower rice.
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
1. For Spaghetti Squash: Use one of the below cooking methods. When cooking is complete, allow the squash to cool before using a fork to shred the squash.
- To Roast in Oven: Preheat oven to 400°. Cut the spaghetti squash in half, lengthwise. Use a large spoon to scoop out and discard seeds. Drizzle the squash lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Flip the squash over & place it cut side down onto a baking sheet. Using a fork or knife, poke a few holes in the skin of the squash. Roast for 30-40 minutes.
- To Cook in the Instant Pot: Cut the spaghetti squash in half, crosswise. Use a large spoon to scoop out and discard seeds. Place the steamer tray/insert into the pressure cooker or Instant Pot. Add 1 cup of water and place squash on the tray. Cook on “Manual” for 7 minutes.
2. In a large skillet or cast iron, heat oil over medium– high heat.
3. Add the sliced onion and peppers to your skillet. Season with salt and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add sliced Bilinski’s chicken sausage to the skillet. Cook sausage with veggies for 2-3 minutes or until sausage has started to brown and caramelize.
5. Add minced garlic, heating about 30 seconds until fragrant.
6. Pour the jar of marinara sauce into the pan over the vegetables and sausage. Reduce heat to low. Let sauce simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Serve immediately over roasted spaghetti squash & garnish with fresh parsley.