You’ll fall in love with these delicious bread alternative sliders!
- 1 large sweet potato, cooked and peeled
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ⅛ cup water
- 4 Bilinski’s Cajun-Style sausages, cut into pieces
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
1. Poke holes into the uncooked sweet potato with a fork 3-4 times. Cook either in an oven or microwave.
1a. Oven Cooking: Preheat the oven to
425° F and bake on a sheet pan for 30-40 minutes or until it becomes soft. Let cool and then peel.
1b. Microwave Cooking: Microwave on high for 5 minutes or until it becomes soft. Let cool and then peel.
2. Mash sweet potato in a large bowl.
3. Add in coconut flour and arrowroot powder. Stir in spices. Add water.
4. Divide dough into 4 small balls.
5. Flatten balls and cook in a pan on low to medium heat, 4-5 minutes per side. Yields 4 sweet potato “breads.”
6. Sautée onion and pepper.
7. Cook sausage according to directions on package and cut into pieces.
8. Use the sautéed pepper, onion and sausage as the filling for your sweet potato “breads.”
9. Enjoy sausage, pepper and onion between two slices of sweet potato “bread” or eat open-faced!