Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
This Whole30 Approved herb roasted sweet potato salad can be served up cold or hot depending on the season!
- 2-3 links of Cajun-Style Andouille Bilinski’s Chicken Sausage, sliced into coins
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp dried basil
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup Whole 30 Approved mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh red onion, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 400º.
2. Toss coined Bilinski’s and cubed potatoes in the oil until they are well-coated, and then spread them on a baking sheet.
3. Mix together all spices in a small bowl. Add the spice mixture to the sweet potatoes, about a quarter of the mixture at a time, until coated liberally.
4. Roast the potatoes for 25 minutes, then flip.
5. Roast for another 10-20 minutes, or until they’re a golden brown and just beginning to crisp.
6. Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and add to a large heat-proof bowl. Let them cool for about 3-5 minutes. You want them to still be warm, but not too hot to touch.
7. While the sweet potatoes are cooling, mix together the mayonnaise, cilantro, and red onion.
8. Scrape mayo mixture on the slightly cooled potatoes and stir, folding mayonnaise mixture into the sweet potatoes until they are coated well.