- 1 pack of Bilinski’s Organic Breakfast Sage Chicken Sausage
- 12 ounces ziti or rigatoni noodles, cooked to al dente
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 sage leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan chees
1. Preheat the oven to 350
2. Brown the sausage in a skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium high heat. Transfer to a bowl and reserve after the sausage is seared to your liking.
3. In the same skillet, add the onion, garlic, and bay leaf. Cook until the onion is translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the sage leaves, red pepper flakes, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt / pepper to taste. Cook one more minute.
4. Add the wine and cook until reduced by half. The heat should remain at medium high. Add the stock and stir in the pumpkin puree. Mix until everything is incorporated. The pumpkin will thicken the sauce.
5. Stir in the sausage and transfer to a large bowl with the pasta. Mix until combined.
6. Transfer back to your cast iron skillet (or a baking dish) and top with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 25-35 minutes until bubbly.
7. Garnish with sage and parsley. Fried sage is good too! Enjoy!