One-Pan Dairy-Free Mac & Cheese
Recipe & photography created by Lauren Less of @lesswithlaur
Dairy-free and packed full with flavor and mac and cheese creamyness!
- 1 box gluten-free pasta, cooked according to instructions on box
- 1 package Bilinski’s Mild Italian sausage, sliced into thick pieces
Ingredients For The Sauce:
- 1 ½ cups cashews, soaked for 2-3 hours, drained and used whole
- 1 carrot whole or chopped, boiled
- 2 cloves garlic whole or chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp chili powder (optional for extra kick)
- Dash of salt
- ½ cup almond milk
- Juice from ¼ lemon
1. Preheat oven to 375° F and cook pasta.
2. Drain the cashews after soaking them and leave them whole to be put into the processor.
3. Bring water to a boil and place a whole or chopped carrot in the boiling water. Boil until soft, 3-4 minutes. Remove from water and place in blender or processor.
4. Combine and blend all sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor until creamy.
5. Place cooked pasta in an oven-safe skillet or pan and pour sauce over pasta. Stir until combined.
6. Add sausage on the top.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Option to broil at the end for 1 minute, or until sausage is browned.
8. Serve and enjoy!