- 1 package Organic Spinach with Spring Greens Bilinski’s Chicken Sausage
- 2 cups Israeli couscous
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest (2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/2 cup pitted, oil-cured black olives, coarsely chopped (3 ounces)
- 1/2 cup jarred roasted red peppers, medium-diced (4 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil leaves, lightly packed
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Cook couscous according to package.
2. While couscous cooks, sauté Bilinski’s chicken sausages until browned. Once cooled, slice into coins.
3. While couscous finishes cooking, combine lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, capers, olives, red peppers, garlic, 1 tbsp salt, and 1 1/2 tsp black pepper in a large bowl.
4. Once the couscous is done, strain and pour the hot couscous into the mixture and stir well. Cover and set aside for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Just before eating, stir in basil, juice of the 1/2 lemon, and 1 more tsp of salt. Taste for seasonings and serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!