Instant Pot Beer-Braised Chicken Sausage
Recipe & photography created by Jeremy Gibbs at JG Lincoln Photo.
Whip up these beer-braised Cajun chicken sausages in under 15 minutes with the help of your Instant Pot! A simple and indulgent weeknight dinner.
- 1 package Cajun-Style Andouille Bilinski’s Chicken Sausage
- 1 large (or 2 small) red onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup of your favorite lager
- Spicy brown mustard, to taste
- Instant Pot (or similar pressure cooker) required
1. Cut up onions into slices and set Instant Pot to sauté mode.
2. Once Instant Pot says “Hot” on the front, add a few glugs of olive oil.
3. Add your onions and begin to caramelize them. After a few minutes, add Bilinski’s chicken sausages on top.
4. Right after adding chicken sausages, cover with 1/2 to 3/4 cup of your favorite lager.
5. Put the lid on the Instant Pot, set pressure to high for 4 min.
6. Perform a quick release after timer ends and remove the lid.
7. If you need to condense the liquid any further, switch Instant Pot to sauté mode and reduce the liquid.
8. Remove chicken sausages from Instant Pot and serve in a large bun, top with cooked onions and spicy brown mustard.