- 1-2 links of Sun Dried Tomato with Basil Bilinski’s Chicken Sausages
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh asparagus, largely chopped
- 1/2 large white onion, largely chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 1/3 cup of fresh basil
- 1 cup of fresh zucchini, cubed
- 5 cloves of fresh garlic
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp of pink salt
- Fresh basil and red pepper flakes, for garnish
1. Heat up your table top grill or skillet.
2. Slice the eggplant into 1/2 inch rounds and season with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Spray the grill with non-stick and lay the eggplant slices onto the grill. Close and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until tender.
3. Pull off the eggplant and put down the chicken sausages. Close the lid and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until warmed through and crisp.
4. Heat up a skillet to medium heat (spray or drizzle with oil if necessary), then add the asparagus and season with salt & pepper. Cover & cook for 8-10 minutes on medium, or until tender.
5. To make the creamy basil sauce, simply blend all of the sauce ingredients together. Taste & adjust as necessary.
6. Plate the eggplant rounds. Top each with creamy basil sauce, a slice of tomato, a spoonful of cooked asparagus, sliced chicken sausage, chopped white onion, fresh basil, & red pepper flakes.
You can also use an outdoor grill or oven to cook the eggplant if you’d prefer! Preheat the oven or outdoor grill to 400. Cook for 20-25 minutes, or until tender.