- 1 package Cajun-Style Andouille Bilinski’s Chicken Sausages, sliced
- 1 lb andouille sausage
- 1 chicken breast
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- Cayenne pepper to taste, optional
- 32 oz chicken stock
- 1 tbsp arrow root powder & 2 tbsp water, combined
- Tobasco or hot sauce
- Rice or cauliflower rice
1. In a Dutch oven or large pot, add in the chicken sausage to a small bit of avocado oil over medium heat. Cook until sausage has browned, remove and set aside.
2. In the same pot, reduce heat to medium-low. Add 1/2 cup avocado oil. Slowly whisk in gluten-free flour. This will create the roux. Whisk constantly for 7-8 minutes. This can burn easily so be patient and allow to cook slowly.
3. To the roux, add the vegetables, garlic & Cajun seasoning. Stir to coat the vegetables with the roux. Allow to cook for 3-5 minutes until vegetables have softened.
4. Slowly stir in the chicken stock until roux is completely combined into stock. Drop in the chicken breast & bay leaf. Bring to a boil & reduce to simmer. Simmer for 15-25 minutes.
5. Remove chicken and shred. Remove bay leaf. Add chicken and chicken sausage back to pot. Add the arrow root mixture and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Serve over rice, garnish with hot sauce and parsley.