Delicata Squash Salad
Recipe & photography created by Nat Mitchell at @naturallybeingnat
Need a break from heavy holiday foods? Lighten up with this delicious delicata squash salad (and feel free to add your own holiday leftovers to the mix)!
- 2 links Wild Mushroom Bilinski’s Chicken Sausage, sliced
- 1 delicata squash, sliced
- 1 serving of kale, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- Unsweetened dried cranberries
- Pumpkin seeds
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil, to taste
- Lemon juice, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Steam kale in a pan with a splash of water, cover on low/medium heat for a few minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Adding to one sheet pan, roast:
- Sweet Potato (for 40 min)
- Delicata Squash (for 35 min)
- Bilinski’s Chicken Sausage (for 20 min)
4. Add steamed kale to plate or bowl, layering chicken sausage and roasted veggies on top.
5. Garnish with unsweetened dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and lemon.