- 1 package of Bilinski’s Mild Italian Chicken Sausage, sliced
- 1 cup mixed frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 3 tbsp ghee
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp celery seed
- A few sprigs of thyme and sage
- 1 ¾ cups chicken broth
- ⅔ cup low-fat (1%) milk
- 2 sheets of your favorite pie dough
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cook and stir onions in ghee in a saucepan over medium heat, until soft and translucent.
3. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, and celery seed.
4. Slowly stir in chicken broth and milk. Simmer over medium-low heat until thick, about 5 minutes. While simmering, stretch one pie crust over an oven-safe dish.
5. Add Bilinski’s chicken sausages and thawed veggies to simmering sauce pan. Combine and pour into pie crust.
6. Cover with top crust, poking holes in crust or latticing to allow steam to escape. Bake for 1 hour.