The perfect addition to this colorful bowlful of veggies and Bilinski’s? Whole30 Approved cashew cheese, of course!
- 2-3 links Mild Italian Bilinski’s Chicken Sausages, sliced
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or EVOO
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 2 portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 cup beet greens, chopped
- Splash of balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt, garlic powder & pepper, to taste
- 1 cup of cashews, soaked overnight
- Splash of ACV
- Splash of water
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 small red jalapeño, optional
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Slice squash in half, scrape out squash seeds and stringy flesh. Season halves with salt & pepper, and lightly drizzle with oil before roasting. Roast face down for 40 minutes.
2. While squash is roasting, add 1 tbsp of oil to a sauté pan. Sauté onion, garlic, zucchini, portobello mushrooms, beet greens, and tomato on medium heat until vegetables begin to soften. Add sliced Bilinski’s chicken sausage to pan, continuing to sauté until sausage begins to brown.
3. Reduce heat to low, adding a splash of balsamic vinegar to mixture, as well as sea salt, garlic powder, and pepper to taste. Remove veggies and chicken sausage mixture from heat.
4. Remove spaghetti squash from oven. Using your fork, shred the middle of the squash until it has the appearance of spaghetti. Allow to cool slightly.
5. To make cashew cheese, soak 1 cup of cashews overnight. Drain and blend in a high speed blender with a splash of ACV, splash of water, 1 clove of garlic, 1 tsp nutritional yeast, 1 small red jalapeño, and 1/2 tsp garlic powder.
6. Taste blended ingredients as you go, adding in sea salt and pepper based on your preference. (If you don’t enjoy spice, you can simply leave out the jalapeño altogether and add in some cayenne pepper, or de-seed your jalapeño before blending.)
7. Assemble veggies and cashew cheese in your favorite bowl and enjoy!