Try this delicious spin on the classic burger recipe!
- 1 package of Organic Tomato, Basil, and Mozzarella Bilinski’s Chicken Sausage
- 6 slider buns
- 1/4 cup of pesto, homemade or store bought
- 1-2 tomatoes, sliced
- 8 ounces of fresh mozzarella, sliced into 10-12 slices
- Cherry tomato, fresh basil, and extra mozzarella for garnish
- Vegetable oil, for the patties and the grill
- Butter, for the buns
1. In a food processor, grind up the sausages so they are entirely ground.
2. Divide the ground sausage into 5-6 sausage patties; about 1/4 cup each.
3. Lightly brush vegetable oil on both sides of the patties.
4. Place patties on the grill; cook about 4 minutes on each side. When there is 2 minutes left on the second side, add a slice of mozzarella on top; allow to melt slightly. Once the mozzarella cheese has melted slightly, remove the patties from the grill.
5. While the patties are grilling, butter the buns & add them to the grill, grilling them until lightly golden. Place a slice of mozzarella on the bottom half of the slider bun & allow to melt slightly then remove from the grill.
6. Place the patties on the bottom half of the burger bun, layer with pesto, a slice of tomato, and the other half of the slider bun and enjoy!