Breakfast Sausage Hash on Mini Waffles
Recipe & photography created by Angelina Huang at @athleticrecipes
A delicious savory twist on a breakfast classic!
For the hash:
- 6 links Organic Apple Breakfast sausages
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 cup broccoli florets, chopped into ½” pieces
- 2 large roasted bell peppers, diced
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
For the waffles:
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup Whole30 approved almond milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1. Preheat your mini waffle iron on high following its respective instructions.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, almond milk, and coconut oil. In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk in the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix until well-combined.
3. Pour mixture into the waffle iron and cook according to your waffle iron instructions. Repeat until your mixture runs out (approx. 4 mini waffles).
4. Take your apple breakfast sausages, slice them in half lengthwise, and then cut into small cubes.
5. Heat a large non-stick pan on medium high. Add in your onion, cook for 4-5 minutes until soft. Add in your sausages, broccoli, and peppers. Stir to cook until broccoli is fully cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
6. To assemble, plate two waffles and layer on the sausage hash. Repeat for the second plate and serve immediately. Enjoy!