Sausage Breakfast Pizza
Recipe & photography created by Alex Beyers at (@eating.at.altitude).
Pizza for breakfast or brunch? Yes please! Try this delicious Paleo recipe for your next Sunday brunch feast.
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- ¾ cup tapioca flour
- 6 tbsp coconut flour, divided
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup light tasting olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 egg room temp, whisked
- 1 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 package Bilinski’s Cajun Style sausage
- 1 – 9 oz package dairy free queso or cheese dip alternative
- 3 eggs
- Avocado for Garnish
- Parsley, chopped for garnish
- ½ cup shredded cheese (optional, if not dairy free)
1. Preheat your oven to 450° F Degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine almond flour, tapioca flour, 3 tbsp coconut flour, onion & garlic powder and salt.
3. In a measuring cup, combine water, oil & vinegar before pouring into the bowl of dry ingredients. Stir well until a dough forms.
4. To form the dough, stir in a whisked egg until well combined. Once you have a sticky mixture, you will slowly add the remaining 3 Tbsp of coconut flour.
5. The dough should still be a little sticky, but not so sticky that you cannot spread it out on the baking sheet.
6. Sprinkle extra tapioca flour on your parchment, transfer the dough to the sheet and sprinkle with more tapioca flour. Work the dough into a 10 -12 inch circle, then bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
7. While that bakes, slice your Bilinski’s sausage into coins or cubes.
8. Remove from the oven & top with queso/cheese sauce & Bilinski’s sausages. Carefully break the eggs over the pizza. If adding shredded cheese, add that now as well. If you prefer scrambled eggs, cook your scrambled eggs on your stove top & add to the pizza after you remove from the oven completely. Do not put your scrambled eggs on the pizza in the oven as they will get overcooked.
9. Return the pizza to the oven & cook for an additional 15 minutes or until you have reached your desired cooked egg temperature. 15 minutes will get you a slightly runny, slightly cooked, yolk.
10. Remove from oven, top with additional garnishes like avocado & chopped parsley. Slice, serve & enjoy!