Bilinski’s Pine Tree Forest
These sausage pine trees are a healthy appetizer choice, and so easy to assemble. A fun & festive treat to create with the kiddos!
- 1 package of Bilinski’s Mild Italian Chicken Sausage
- 1 cucumber, peeled
- 1-2 yellow bell peppers
- Mozzarella pearls
- 1 box of toothpicks
1. Heat up your desired number of Bilinski’s chicken sausage links in a skillet over medium heat. Once links are heated throughout, remove from heat and set aside.
2. Using a veggie peeler, peel your cucumber lengthwise to create pine tree “branches.” We suggest leaving cucumber skin on to create dark green accents on your peeled strips.
3. Deseed the yellow bellow pepper and lay flat on your cutting board. Using a small knife, slice small triangles together to form a star shape. (Don’t worry if your stars aren’t perfect! Imperfect stars simply give your trees more character.)
4. Slice Bilinski’s links into your desired “trunk” size. We recommend sticking to 1/2 inch trunks if you are using standard toothpicks for assembly.
5. Assemble your pine trees by weaving cucumber slices through toothpicks and attaching your tree stumps and stars to either end.
6. Serve on a platter with mozzarella pearl snow for added effect!